UI/UX WORKSHOP: WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
1. UI DESIGN
We'll teach you how to use the fabulous design standard programme Sketch. Within the belly of this design behemoth, you'll learn how to craft responsive pixel perfect designs for Android and Apple devices for major brands, utilising Google material designs and Apples iOS spec guidelines.
You'll also learn what it's like day-to-day as a UI/UX designer in a digital studio, what you can expect working by yourself or in a multi-team environment and ultimately, how work effectively with a User Experience designer whether creating wire frames and user stories or designing the User Interface.
2. UX DESIGN
We'll show you how to develop basic user experience skills by identifying and deconstructing out-of-date poorly designed user journeys on some of the world's most famous brands.
You'll learn out how to spot the flaws, the 'dead ends' and the typical frustrations of a day-to-day user journey and how you can improve them by sketching out problem solving wireframes whether the client is Spotify, Citymapper, Facebook or Uber.
And once you've completed your wireframes, we'll show you how to turn them into pixel perfect responsive UI designs.
3. PORTFOLIOS AND NEXT STEPS
We'll teach you how to effectively harness your digital portfolio, how to tell an engaging three act narrative from your discoveries to the problems and your solutions right down to showing your wireframes to ultimately your final User Interface designs.
And lastly, we'll tell you exactly how to deal with digital recruiters, how to secure your first client interview and when you're there, we'll show you the cut-through interview techniques and the questions you should ask that'll ensure you, above all others, will be remembered.
In Part 1 you'll learn:
- How to use Sketch.
- How to use Google Material Design and iOS design specs guidelines
- How to design for world famous brands
- A day in the life of a UI designer and what to expect
In Part 2 you'll learn:
- Learn basic User Experience skills
- How to spot poor user journeys and how to improve them
- How to sketch user journeys into wireframes
- How to turn those sketched wireframes into pixel perfect user interface designs
In Part 3, you'll learn:
- How to build an eye catching online portfolio
- How to tell an engaging three act narrative when selling you and your designs.
- Cut through interview techniques when talking to potential clients.
Get exclusive news about upcoming programs, panels and community events.